Willing to start to root Samsung Galaxy S4? For anyone with the GT-i9500 model GS4, this quick video will walk you through the complete rooting process using Odin and CWM.
- Power off you Galaxy S4 and hold down Volume Down, Center Home, and Power buttons together for around 5 seconds.
- Whenever you begin to see the warning screen, release all buttons then hit the amount Up button to enter ODIN Down load mode.
- Connect a micro-USB cable from your own Galaxy S4 to your pc.
- Next, down load CWM recovery for the Galaxy S4. ClockworkMod is readily available for GT-i9500, Sprint SPH-L720, and T-Mobile SGH-M919 models.
- Also down load ODIN, Samsung USB Drivers, and SuperSU Zip files.
- Unzip ODIN and run the odin3 v1. 85. exe file by double-clicking about it.
- In the event that you view a yellow highlighted box like shown below, you might be ready to go, or even, double-click on the Samsung USB drivers EXE file you downloaded early in the day and install drivers, then unplug/re-plug the micro-USB cable to your phone. You ought to see yellow highlighted box.
- Next, choose PDA, and then browse to the CWM recovery you downloaded early in the day for the Galaxy S4. (It’s a file ending in. tar) Hit Begin to begin flash CWM recovery to your phone.
- This may flash a custom CWM recovery to your Galaxy S4 along with your phone will reboot.
In the event that you see “PASS!” meaning everything went successfully.
- Next, after your phone reboots, copy the SuperSU zip file you downloaded early in the day to anywhere in your Galaxy S4.
- Power off your Galaxy S4 then hold down Volume Up, Center Home, and Power buttons together.
- Whenever you begin to see the Samsung logo, keep holding down Volume Up and Center Home buttons but release the ability button.
- Once in CWM Recovery, choose “install zip from sdcard” and hit the ability button.
- Choose “choose zip from sdcard” and hit the ability button.
- Choose “0/” directory and hit the ability button.
- Browse in order to find the SuperSU zip file you copied over early in the day and hit the ability button.
- Choose “Yes” and hit the ability button.
- This may install su binaries and SuperSU Superuser app in your phone. This essentially “roots” your Galaxy S4.
- Return to main menu and choose “reboot system now”, then hit Power button. Your Galaxy S4 will reboot.
- Once rebooted, you ought to find SuperSU app in your app drawer.
- Run the SuperSU app once and update the binaries.
- You are able to verify you have full root by downloading and opening rooted app like Titanium Backup app (which I suggest for backing up/freezing/un-installing your apps).
- You ought to view a Superuser request window pop-up!
Congratulations, you have fully rooted your Galaxy S4! Discover More http://www.oneclickroot.com/phone/how-to-root-samsung-galaxy-s4/